Thursday, March 14, 2013

D.I.Y : Road Trip Journal Bags

Happy Friday everyone! I'm starting to pack for a road trip with my sister that's happening in a few weeks and one of the main things on my list to pack is my craft supplies. Since I've been so into journaling lately, I tried to find some "road trip journal cards" and thought, I don't mind buying some I just couldn't find what I was looking for. Then an idea popped in my head! I could make some myself! So here is a D.I.Y. for all of you : Road Trip Journal Bags!


This is what they'll look like when you're done


Okay! Since it's been forever since I've done a D.I.Y. I hope I get this right!
Supplies :
* Scissors
*An old map 
*Washi Tape
Optional - Paper trimmer (I'm terrible at cutting straight lines, this Westcott was a gift from Mack and there isn't a single project that I don't use it)




First : Cut the size map you want, keeping in mind you have to double the width since it'll be folded. I wasn't too picky about how large I wanted it to be.



Second : Pick your washi tape! This is the perfect project to break out your stash.


Third : Fold your map evenly in the back and tape it down with your washi tape. 


Finally : There are 2 ways you can do the bottom : Fold the bottom up just a bit (no more than 1/2 an inch) and tape it down OR don't fold it up and just tape it! 


Happy Crafting! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...