Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Series of Unfortunate Events

I was recently going through some boxes in our garage when I stumbled upon one that was tucked under quite a few. As with many boxes, one may not know exactly what's in it until you open it. When I did, I was delighted to find some of my old books. Pulling them out was like stepping back into the past when I'd seen them on the shelf at my local bookstore. I remember a conversation my father and I had while I read a book asking him if he would buy it for me, and the next one, and the one that came after that, my father, being a very simple man, responded "I'll always buy you any book you want". I knew my father treasured that I enjoyed reading. He kept his word, buying me the entire series of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Those books were my life, well at least from October of 2005 to October of 2006. I am currently rereading the series now in hopes to find some inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...